Classroom Technology Food & Beverage Policy
The Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center strives to create a welcoming, clean and comfortable environment for our faculty, staff, students and guests. At the same time, we have a responsibility to protect the resources of the building including, but not limited to, the furniture, classroom materials, flooring, computers and equipment. Consistent with both these goals, the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center has adopted the following guidelines for the consumption of food and beverages in the classrooms.
Only beverages in covered containers are allowed in the classrooms and auditoriums. This includes:
- Coffee and other drinks with lids
- Bottles of water, soda, juice, etc. with a cap
- Beverages, including soft drinks in pop-top cans
- Take-out drinks in paper or Styrofoam cups with lids
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed under any circumstance
All cups, cans, and bottles associated with beverages must be properly disposed of by the patron
Please select foods that are a low risk for spillage.
- Boxed Lunches
Snack type foods:
- Chips & Pretzels
- Apples, grapes, bananas, carrots, celery
- Nuts and trail mix
- It is your responsibility to remind patrons at the beginning and the end of your event to leave the venue in an orderly fashion
- If upon entering the room, you find the room in an unacceptable condition, please call 293-7204 or 293-4394 for immediate assistance.
- If you feel that the mess will not hinder your ability to conduct your event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience so we can coordinate cleanup and follow up accordingly with the previous patron.
- Food is not allowed near computers and equipment. Covered drinks are permitted
- Avoid foods and beverages that could damage materials
- Remove or dispose of all trash before leaving
- The person/department that reserves the room will be held responsible for cleanup. All patrons consuming food or beverages are expected to clean up after themselves, including spills of any kind, and to keep the noise levels associated with the consumption of food and beverages to a minimum.
- Patrons must adhere to the 10 minute exit rule which includes time to setup/cleanup food and beverages
- Patrons consuming beverages or food in the Health Sciences Center may be financially responsible for damage resulting from spills or stains
- Patrons who violate the RCB Health Sciences Food and Beverage Policy will be made aware of the violation. Patrons who do not correct the behavior immediately will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from scheduling future events with food and beverages.
- Events held in the John Jones Conference Rooms are permitted to have meals above and beyond the list above (i.e. main course dinners) however, all of the above restrictions still apply.
It is the responsibility of the Patron to immediately report any spills that cannot easily be cleaned up to housekeeping at 293-7204 or 293-4394.