SOLE has integrated tools available for users to enhance student engagement and learning.
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a real-time video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact. It is available to all SOLE courses and sites. Collaborate can be used for virtual classrooms, office hours, and meetings to provide more possibilities for effective learning experiences and interactions. Collaborate with the Ultra experience opens right in your browser, so you don't have to install any software to join a session. Be sure that you are using Google Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.
Panopto is a video management and recording tool that is available through SOLE. Utilize the Panopto recorder within SOLE or the desktop and select any combination of, slideshows, screen shares, and additional camera feed you like. Panopto records everything, automatically synchronized, in brilliant high-definition video.
Turnitin is an internet-based plagiarism detection service. To access Turnitin begin by clicking Assessment from the Left Navigation, then clicking Turnitin. Use the Turnitin option for student assignments only. TurnItIn is not authorized for use to screen or submit faculty or employee papers.
VoiceThread is a cloud-based application that can be used to upload, share, and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files, and videos. Some examples of its uses are:
- Comment Assignments which are great for graded discussion and speaking practice that requires students to post comments on a VoiceThread that faculty have created and can decide whether students can see one another's comments.
- Create Assignments that can engage in peer review and conversation.
- Watch Assignment which requires students to watch a VoiceThread in full.
Course administrators must contact SOLE Support at email@example.com in order to request that VoiceThread be enabled within their course.
Contact SOLE Support:
304-293-2491, Option 1
- Please subscribe to our SOLE's YouTube Channel for notifications on new videos.
- Visit SOLE Support and review SOLE News, Training, and Documentation.