New SOLE users are often unaware of how to upload their profile picture. To do so, a photo must be submitted with the following requirements:
1. The photo should be a full head shot with a plain or blurred background that is clear of distracting imagery.
2. There should be no other people or objects in the photo.
3. The photo should be in color and not black and white.
4. The photo should be taken in full-face view, directly facing the camera. This should be a professional photo. Generally, "selfies" do not provide an adequate photo for profile use.
5. Ensure there is enough blank space around the headshot to crop the photo (the best is from the chest level up and NOT from the neck up).
6. Avoid photos where eyeglasses cause glare or refraction that obscures the eye(s).
7. The photo should be high resolution, at least 200 x 250 pixels.
8. Save photos as a JPEG format.
9. Individual photos MUST have the email address saved as the file name or the photo cannot be uploaded. The user's email address is used to upload the photo(s) to the appropriate profile in our system.
10. Please send the request and attach the photo(s) to email@example.com.
Please note that the size limit per attachment(s) is 1GB, with no limit on all attachments together. Contact SOLE Support if you would like to upload multiple photos that exceed this limitation.
Additionally, each department has Directory Administrators that can make updates to a user's profile or department in the HSC Directory. To locate/contact editors to request updates, please look up the users' profile or department, then click on the Additions/Corrections link.
All HSC employees are required to agree or disagree with the photo consent agreement on the HSC IT Security Awareness Training. Photos will not be displayed in SOLE or the HSC Directory if a user disagrees with the photo consent form on the HSC IT Security Awareness Training.
For additional information including professional photo requests and WVU Medicine and clinical profiles, please visit Profile Photo Submission Standards.